Resetting the Windows Update Tool will restore default settings and components
Although Microsoft releases various updates for Windows 11/10 users from time to time, users often experience problems receiving these updates on their computers. Reset Windows Update Tool is one such utility, which helps you to fix most common Windows Update related issues on your computer within few moments.
Restore Windows Update settings and components to default with Windows Update Reset Tool
For your reference, the Windows Update reset tool offers nineteen different options to get rid of almost all Windows Update related issues on a Windows 11/10 computer. Whether you need to reset the Windows Update component or remove incorrect registry values, you can do it all using this tool.
Here is a detailed list of options offered by the Windows Update reset tool:
- Open system protection: It helps you open the System Protection tab in the System properties wizard from which it is possible to create a system restore point.
- Resets Windows Update components: If you need to reset Windows Update components to factory default settings, you can use this option.
- Delete temporary files on Windows: Windows 11/10 occasionally stores a lot of temporary files. You can delete them using this option.
- Opens the properties of the Internet options: If you need to make changes to the Internet Properties parameter, you can use this option.
- Run Chkdsk on Windows partition
- Run the System File Checker tool: It allows you to run the SFC scan on your computer.
- Scan the image for component store corruption
- Checks if the image has been flagged as corrupt: If an image has been flagged as corrupt, you will not be able to install updates. At such time, you can use this option to check whether the image has been flagged or not.
- Performs repair operations automatically
- Cleans replaced components
- Removes all incorrect registry values: If your computer contains incorrect registry value causing problems in Windows Updates, you can get rid of it using this option.
- Repair / Reset Winsock Settings
- Reset the Microsoft Windows Store
- Force Group Policy Update: Sometimes, you might need to forcibly update Local Group Policy. In such situations, you can use this option.
- Check for Windows Updates: If your computer could not find the available update, this option helps you resolve the issue.
- Find the Windows product key
- Explore other local solutions
- Explore other online solutions
- Restart your PC
If you want to use the aforementioned options, you need to download and install the app on your computer. It comes with a basic installation process that you can go through like any other app. However, it is strongly recommended that you create a system restore point before using this app.
How to use the Windows Update reset tool
To use the Windows Update Reset Tool to restore default settings and components, follow these steps:
- Right click on the app> select Execute as administrator option.
- Click it Yes button.
- Choose your language number and press the Enter button.
- Type Yes and hit the Enter button.
- Select a task you want to perform and write down the number.
- Enter the number and press the Enter button.
To learn more about these steps, keep reading.
Before you start, you need to download it from the official website and install it on your computer. Once done, you can follow these steps. To get started, right click on the application icon and select the Execute as administrator option> click on the Yes button on the UAC prompt.
When you open the Windows Update reset tool for the very first time, you need to select the language for your application. By default it comes with English, but you can select other languages ââlike French, German, Italian etc. To select a language, type in the number of the corresponding language and press the button. Enter button.
Then you have to accept the general conditions of use. To do this, press the Yes key on your keyboard and press the Enter button.
After that, you can find all nineteen options on your screen. Each patch or task has a number on the left side. You need to enter the number in the application window and press the Enter button to run the task.
Whether it is opening system protection or running Chkdsk, you can do anything by entering the number accordingly.
How do I use the Windows Update reset tool?
Windows Update Reset Tool is very easy to use software that you can use on your computer. This is a command line tool that helps you open various things in order to fix Windows Update issue on Windows 11/10 PC. You need to find the enter the corresponding number of a task to run it.
What does the Windows Update reset tool do?
The Windows Update reset tool offers nineteen different options to get rid of almost all Windows Update issues. It helps you run various troubleshooting tools on your computer to resolve Windows Update issues. If you are unable to download or install the updates on your Windows 11/10 computer, you can use this app to fix the issue in just a few moments. Whether you need to clean replaced components or reset Microsoft Store, you can do it all using this app.
If you want, you can download the Windows Update reset tool from wureset.com. It is best to create a system restore point before using it.
Read: Reset the default Windows Update Agent.
Comments are closed.