Global Operating System Market to Hit $48.18 Billion by 2026 – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The Report “Global Operating System Market Report 2022, By Operating System, Distribution Channel, Product, Device Type” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global operating system market is expected to grow from $43.14 billion in 2021 to $44.61 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4%. The growth is mainly due to companies reorganizing their operations and recovering from the impact of COVID-19, which had previously led to restrictive containment measures involving social distancing, remote working and the closure of business activities that resulted in operational challenges. The market is expected to reach $48.18 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 1.9%.
The operating systems market includes sales of operating systems by entities (organizations, sole proprietorships, and partnerships) that supply operating systems, which are software programs that enable computer hardware to communicate and operate with computer software. Only goods and services exchanged between entities or sold to final consumers are included.
The main types of operating systems are Windows, Mac OS, Linux and others. The Windows operating system is software that acts as an interface between the end user and the computer hardware. Different types of products include Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, macOS and others and are used in computers and mobiles. It is distributed through the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) channel.
Regions covered in Operating System Market are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The increase in the demand for computer systems has contributed to the growth of the operating system market. The increase in demand for computers generates an increased requirement for operating systems to perform tasks such as memory management, file management, process management, input function management and output and to control hardware such as printers and disk drivers. According to Gartner statistics released in January 2020, worldwide personal computer shipments were approximately 70.6 million in 2019. Additionally, worldwide computer system shipments totaled 261.2 million units in 2019. By Therefore, the increase in the demand for computer systems has contributed to the operating system market.
The increasing use of pirated versions of operating systems is expected to limit the growth of the operating system market. Software piracy is a major concern that has impacted software publishers’ revenues for decades. According to Microsoft’s study published in nine Asian countries, more than four out of five or 83% of all new computers sold in nine Asian countries come with pirated software and malware preloaded. Moreover, according to BSA, the Software Alliance, about 74% of all commercial software used in China is pirated.
In July 2019, International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), a US-based technology and consulting firm, acquired Red Hat, Inc. for $34 billion. Through this acquisition, IBM acquired open source technologies like Linux, Kubernetes, Ansible, Java, Ceph. International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) and Red Hat, Inc. together planned to accelerate innovation by delivering a next-generation hybrid multi-cloud platform. Red Hat Inc is a United States-based software company that provides open-source software products for enterprises.
1) By operating system: Windows; macOS; Linux; Others
2) By distribution channel: Business-to-Business (B2B); Business to consumer (B2C)
3) By product: Windows; Linux; Android; iOS; macOS; Others
4) By type of device: computer; Mobile
Main topics covered:
2. Characteristics of the operating system market
3. Operating System Market Trends and Strategies
4. Impact of COVID-19 on operating systems
5. Operating System Market Size and Growth
6. Operating System Market Segmentation
7. Regional and Country Analysis of Operating System Market
8. Asia-Pacific Operating System Market
9. China Operating System Market
10. Operating System Market in India
11. Japan Operating System Market
12. Australia Operating System Market
13. Indonesia Operating System Market
14. South Korea Operating System Market
15. Western Europe Operating System Market
16. UK operating system market
17. Operating system market in Germany
18. Operating systems market in France
19. Eastern Europe Operating System Market
20. Russia Operating System Market
21. North America Operating System Market
22. United States Operating System Market
23. South America Operating System Market
24. Brazil Operating System Market
25. Middle East Operating System Market
26. Africa Operating System Market
27. Operating System Market Competitive Landscape and Company Profiles
29. Major mergers and acquisitions in the operating system market
29. Operating System Market Future Outlook and Potential Analysis
Linux Mint Ltd.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/q0my0t