Auto-restart of the PC at random on very specific software (games).
Hello, this follows a thread I posted in the Gaming section not long ago for an issue that I have been having for a while now.
Simply put, at random intervals, while playing very specific games, my PC will automatically restart or simply shut down with no BSODs or any crashdumps.
For what I have already done:
– The power supply is not old and should work fine
– Ran Memtest of all memory without flaws
– Disk health is checked and both are healthy
– All drivers are up to date.
– CCleaner, malware check, virus check. All clean.
– As I use an SSD and an older hard drive, I tried to swap, putting the games that crashed in one then in the others and vice versa. No effect.
– Verification of event viewer and reliability monitor. Apparently my PC crashes so badly that no real dump is written. (ID 41 taste 63, posted under the post)
– Launch WhoCrashed to find out what crashed. Since there is no crash dump: it gives me nothing.
– Monitor my heat and resources with OpenHardwareMonitor, Task Manager and Resources Monitor. I barely pass the 80 Â° C mark at any time, nor does my component seem to be overloaded.
– I tried to reproduce the problem with stress testing software to put my components under high load. They did well.
– When turning on my computer, do not start anything other than one of these games to be sure not to weigh anything down, set all the parameters to the minimum always hard reboot.
– Disassembled all the parts to remove all the dust.
– I had a similar issue with an old box where the neon button was shorted out, but no similar issue was found.
In terms of hardware, I have a 3.60 GHz IntelÂ® Core â¢ i5-8600K processor on a Z370-A PRO (MS-7B48) motherboard, an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 and 2x 8 GB of RAM.
I have no idea if this is a software error, firewall error, processor error, BIOS bug, or if any of my “healthy components Secretly fails.
Someone asked me for a Speccy test so here is the link if it gives any clues: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Cb3ojuC3z3L2ZCsWHmte5Pw
I have struggled with various troubleshooting methods for years. Some people just ask me to change my 1080 but I don’t have the rn budget.
I don’t expect a miracle. Just pointers, tips, or even a temporary solution are welcome. Right now it only does this with one game namely Phasmophobia but it was worse and solved on its own for no reason but not totally and I don’t know what I did right.
Sorry for the text wall and if you need more information, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Disclaimer: My system is in French so if you need a translation feel free to ask too.
Log name: System
Date: 10/21/2021 1:16:20 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Keywords: (70368744177664), (2)
The description :
The system has restarted without shutting down properly first. This error can occur if the system unexpectedly stops responding, hangs, or loses power.
XML of the event: